Land Acknowledgement Plaque launch
Community Foods Co-op would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land we operate on.
To publicly acknowledge this we will be launching the putting up of a plaque which acknowledges the Traditional Indigenous Owners on Saturday the 30th of May with local Yirrganydji elder George Skeene.
Welcome to Community Foods
Are you looking for an alternative to your local supermarket? Come have a peek at our shop on Shields Street, Cairns!
Please come and have a look at our range including:
- Nuts, Seeds, & Dried Fruits
- Freshly ground Peanut Butter
- Grains (including Quinoa, Buckwheat, Polenta, Millet & many kinds of Rice including purple Jasmin)
- Freshly ground flour with our flour mill
- Beans, Peas, & Lentils
- Pastas (including gluten free)
- Oils, Tahini, Miso, Tamari, Shoyu & Vinegars
- Fresh Herb Teas & Spices
- Organic Fair Trade Chocolates
- Honey, Agave & Molasses
- Shampoo, Conditioner, & Olive Oil Soap
- Wemoon Menstrual pads, menstrual cups & household cleaning products
- Eden Seeds
It's easy to find us as we are based in the centre of the city or you can give us a call. We are always happy to hear from people with ideas, comments, questions or looking to volunteer at Community Foods. Please feel free to contact us.